Thursday, August 18, 2011

Friends

     Kayla was here!!  She came here last weekend to tour Madison, catch up, and also dye my hair.  We did a tour of downtown and all of it's fabulous little shops on State Street.  We didn't wake up early enough for the farmer's market (dang you 2nd shift schedule!) but she DID get to try Glass Nickel Pizza (which, is AMAZING, for all of you who haven't been to Madison) and Milio's which is essentially Jimmy John's but better.  (yes, you heard me, I said BETTER!) Either way, it was fantastic to see her.  Also, she did a fantastic job on my hair.  Now, maybe, one of these days I'll be brave enough to do it myself.  Cause, I still can't find it in myself to spend 60-70 dollars every 6-8 weeks to get it professionally dyed.

We're daaaamn fine :)

     Catching up with her also made me realize how awesome my friends are.  Me and her rarely get to talk outside of the occasional facebook post, text, IM, etc.  But when we do get to hang out, we pick up exactly where we left off.  (complete with watching really RANDOM FRENCH CRAP *cough*kayla*cough*)  I love that.  And, it occurred to me that all of the close friends I've gained are like that.  Whether it be my girls, or the friends I've gained through my relationship with Nathan, or my friends from school, whenever I get a chance to see them, it's like we never left home.  And I think that's amazing.  

Random sidenote:  Can I credit the friends I've made through Nathan to him when technically I met him through Jess and Wade? *shrug*

   Speaking of my girls:  It just occurred to me that my weekend with Kayla was very Nsync and Beyonce-less. We didn't even listen to Single Ladies ONCE.  (It was the theme of my bachelorette party and it was AWESOME)  It should also be noted that usually when I write a blog post, I put on Pandora to one of my rock station.  What station am I listening to now, you might ask?  Timbaland.  Yeah, I said it.  I can't help it.  Rock just really didn't fit.  Anyway, this is getting ridiculous, so I should probably wrap it up.  I'm currently resisting the urge to put up embarrassing bachelorette party pictures.  But, just as a close, I want to note that to all of our friends (caution:  gratuitous sappiness ahead):  I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL.  You are all amazing and our lives would not be as awesome without you. :)  


1 comment: